2.16.2013

inspired

Inspire
\in-ˈspī(-ə)r\    in·spire     [ɪnˈspaɪə]

verb

1. to exert a stimulating or beneficial effect upon (a person); 
  animate or invigorate
2. to arouse (with a particular emotion or to a particular action); stir
3. to prompt or instigate; give rise to <her beauty inspired his love>



Jewelry draws attention to desired parts of your body, makes you visually stand out from others, enhances your confidence and gives you a sense of security. Some use it to express inner thoughts, ideas, and style. Others see it as a status symbol, setting them apart from outsiders. It has been a part of our nature for over 75,000 years; We began adorning ourselves when fulfilling basic survival needs stopped demanding all of our time. Every culture since has had some form of jewelry, or the idea of artificially decorating the body. 


Jewelry can take an infinite number of forms and carry infinite meanings, but at its core: 


 jewelry inspires us 



Below are some cool photos I managed to get after finishing a quick INSPIRE stamp. I used 3/32" Steel stamps, ~24 gauge scrap silver sheet I had left over from a piece, I roughed up the surface using a dremel bit that produced an unexpected and amazingly complex oxidation. There were shades of purple, green, yellow, and blue after I hit it with a torch. 

After I finished the piece I decided to soak it in lighter fluid and light it. I wasn't expecting the pictures to show anything but I think they turned out quite nice. 

Hope you enjoy the concept and photos!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!